Export: Letters of Credit
02 Jun 2021 09:00 - 13:00
Black Country Chamber of Commerce
Creative Industries Centre
University of Wolverhampton Science Park
Non members: £350.00
This course will cover the following:
- The need for careful credit checking
- The export quotation
- A review of other payment methods – advantages and disadvantages and when they should be used
- What is a Letter of Credit?
- Letter of Credit administration
- The Letter of Credit Procedure
- Letter of Credit types and levels of security
- Letter of Credit costs
- The terminology, form and structure of L/Cs
- Incoterms and L/Cs
- The documents – an in-depth study of the specific Letter of Credit documents
- What can go wrong?
- Tips to ensure you get it right at all stages of the Letter of Credit transaction
- UCP 600 considerations
- The significance of L/Cs in the current economic climate
This workshop is sponsored by The West Midlands Combined Authority
Booking for this event has now closed.