Employment Law Update
04 Mar 2020 09:00 - 11:00
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill
Non members: £25.00
This session is aimed at HR managers and directors or business owners that are involved in people management.
A range of issues will be covered, for example:
- changes due to be taking effect from April 2020 as a result of the Good Work Plan, which includes improved written statements of terms and a change to the holiday pay reference period;
- an update on recent notable employment law cases, in particular, the case of Royal Mail Group v Jhuti which raised a key question about whether the reason for dismissal can be different to that given to the employee by the decision maker;
- forthcoming changes to the tax treatment of termination payments;
- an update on the latest cases relating to employment status;
- potential changes to family friendly rights, including government consultations on neonatal care leave and pay, parental leave and the transparency of flexible working and family-friendly policies;
- an update on the latest position regarding holiday pay; and
- an overview of the upcoming IR35 changes.
Members £15 + VAT and non members £25 + VAT
Book Your Place
You need to be registered online to book your place.
If you aren't a Chamber member or you're not registered on our website, please click the button below to register. You can sign up as a free Digital User, or choose a paid option to become a Chamber Member. You can find out more about our membership choices on the membership page.