Export: Letters of Credit
05 Oct 2021 09:00 - 16:00
Black Country Chamber of Commerce
Creative Industries Centre
University of Wolverhampton Science Park
Non members: £350.00
This course will cover the following:
- The need for careful credit checking
- The export quotation
- A review of other payment methods – advantages and disadvantages and when they should be used
- What is a Letter of Credit?
- Letter of Credit administration
- The Letter of Credit Procedure
- Letter of Credit types and levels of security
- Letter of Credit costs
- The terminology, form and structure of L/Cs
- Incoterms and L/Cs
- The documents – an in-depth study of the specific Letter of Credit documents
- What can go wrong?
- Tips to ensure you get it right at all stages of the Letter of Credit transaction
- UCP 600 considerations
- The significance of L/Cs in the current economic climate
This workshop is sponsored by The West Midlands Combined Authority
Book Your Place
You need to be registered online to book your place.
If you aren't a Chamber member or you're not registered on our website, please click the button below to register. You can sign up as a free Digital User, or choose a paid option to become a Chamber Member. You can find out more about our membership choices on the membership page.