Navigating Your Way Through The Energy Crisis
07 Sep 2022 10:00 - 11:30
Non members: Free
Join us as we explore the cost of doing business this winter.
As the cost-of-living crisis escalates, and the cost of doing business is looking to become a ‘crisis’ this winter, the Chamber are inviting business to join them for an online event as companies continue to struggle to absorb rising wholesale costs.
Unlike households, businesses are not provided with the protection of the consumer price cap and have to agree long-term contracts with suppliers, so as the experts warn businesses to act now, the Chamber will be joined by Dom Napier from Turning the Black Country Green and Liam Conway from CEC, who will help firms understand their energy options and what plans they can put in place now.
Dom Napier from Turning the Black Country Green will cover -
- Why are we in an energy Crisis?
- How long will it last?
- What can I do to reduce my energy costs?
- Is there help/assistance available?
- Solutions that can reduce energy costs by 30%+.
- Zero CAPEX & OPEX solutions.
- Decentralised Energy Solutions (DES) what are they and would they work for me?
Liam Conway from Control Energy Costs will cover -
- Understand your energy contract options and the speed at which you need to act.
- Explore a flexible purchasing framework – The strategic way to manage your costs.
- Contracts due in 2022 and you haven’t contracted – What are you going to do? What’s the plan?
Alison Bradley from Central Business Finance will advise on funding solutions available for solar panels, LED lighting system, battery storage solutions and more ....
Any questions please email JoannaSmith@blackcountrychamber.co.uk
Please note bookings will close at 3pm on Tuesday 6 September.
Book Your Place
You need to be registered online to book your place.
If you aren't a Chamber member or you're not registered on our website, please click the button below to register. You can sign up as a free Digital User, or choose a paid option to become a Chamber Member. You can find out more about our membership choices on the membership page.