Understanding the Basics of Tender & Bid Writing
19 Jun 2019 09:30 - 15:30
Black Country Chamber of Commerce
Creative Industries Centre
University of Wolverhampton Science Park
Non members: £295.00
Gain an insight and basic understanding of why the public sector has to go out to tender for services, supplies and works and how to find and respond to Supplier Questionnaires.
Who should attend?
Individuals responsible for finding new business opportunities, sales, business development personnel with NO or VERY LITTLE experience of completing tenders or bids. Also Suitable for Administrative/office personnel who will be involved with sales proposals etc.
What will it cover?
- Understanding basic procurement jargon
- Understanding why the public sector has to tender and how much a contract has to be worth before it has to go to tender
- Looking at your sales strategy and Identifying who you’d like to supply to
- Making sure you get notified of suitable tenders for your target market/s
- How to make the correct bid or no bid decision
- Getting your business ready for tendering – what will I need to prepare?
- Industry standards and accreditations i.e. Health & Safety, ISO standards.
- Tips to successfully complete a ‘Supplier Questionnaire’ to pass the mandatory section of a Bid/ Tender
Booking for this event has now closed.