Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 Supplier Event
24 Jan 2022 14:00 - 15:00
Non members: Free
Birmingham 2022 and the Black Country Chamber of Commerce are hosting a supplier event to offer an opportunity for local businesses to connect with businesses who have won contracts from the Organizing Committee.
The event is designed to identify what Games-related supplier and sub-supplier opportunities are available, as well as providing local businesses with an understanding on how they can secure contracts with suppliers, and what specifically they are looking for in terms of support.
Black Country Chamber of Commerce will kick off the event with a short presentation. Next Commonwealth Games CFO, David Grady will introduce the event before each supplier is given 5-10 minutes to present to the wider group, discussing:
- who they are
- what contract they have with the Games
- what they’ll be delivering
- what support they require from suppliers
- how suppliers can get in contact
- timeframe for expressions of interest
A Q&A will follow each presentation, along with a general Q&A at the end of the event.
The event will take place virtually in January 2022, and last for one hour.
Below are the suppliers who will be presenting in our upcoming event, along with a short introduction about who they are, and a list of opportunities available.
GL Events UK
Birmingham Ceremonies Ltd
Birmingham Ceremonies Limited (BCL) is the production company that has been appointed by the Organising Committee for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, to produce and deliver the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Birmingham Ceremonies Limited is a new joint venture, formed by GBA (Gary Beestone Associates) and Done+Dusted.
The Birmingham Commonwealth Games will be the largest multi-sport event to be held in England in the last 10 years, with the Opening Ceremony being held on Thursday 28 July 2022 and the Closing Ceremony on Monday 8 August 2022, both at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham.
Outdoor Digital Productions Ltd
Outdoor Digital Productions (ODP), a collaborative enterprise between ADI, JA Productions and Outdoor Places Unusual Spaces (OPUS) responsible for delivering the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Festival Live Sites. ODP has expertise in live production, innovative event technology and cultural programming, to create an inclusive Live Sites programme across Birmingham that will inspire and amaze spectators during the Games, fusing cultural, sporting and digital elements.
ADI, JA Productions and OPUS – the partners of Outdoor Digital Productions (ODP) have previously worked together on a wide range of Birmingham and Midlands-based events, including the Commonwealth Games 2018 Athletes Homecoming, Commonwealth Social 2019, and bi-annual Birmingham Weekender.
- Plant Rental (forklifts, MEWP etc)
- IT Services (photocopiers / printers / etc)
- Security Providers
- Local crew companies
- Small tools / equipment suppliers
- Safety/H&S equipment rental
- Office equipment
- Couriers/Taxi service
- Local Tradesmen – Painters/Joiners etc
- Commercial Printing/Printers
- Small/Specialised event supply companies – Scaffold/Tent/staging etc
- Containers/ Portacabins
- Trackway; Vehicle, Pedestrian, Containers, Portacabins
- Structures (marquees/tents)
- fencing, barrier, vehicle, pedestrian and perimeter
- Structural works & repairs of existing fencing
- Drainage, Potable water, Plumbing for toilets
- FOP roads and pavements ground protection - Tarmac and levelling
- Additional Security Staff for Rehearsal Venues
- Storage Containers
- Shuttles and transport between venues
- General Construction & Fitout, including carpentry, electrics, fire safety systems & hvac
- Plant & Cranes
- Timber wholesalers
- Metal fabricators and suppliers
- Electrical suppliers
- Tool hire
- Tapes and Consumables
- Signage & Branding (e.g vinyl, fomex etc)
- Other sheet materials suppliers (polycarbonates, twinwall etc)
- IT equipment supply
- Manual handling equipment
- Working at height equipment suppliers and staff
- Paint shops (powder coating and spraying) as well as paint supply
- Photography and video services
- Students with a Production/Technology skillset or desire to learn
Book Your Place
You need to be registered online to book your place.
If you aren't a Chamber member or you're not registered on our website, please click the button below to register. You can sign up as a free Digital User, or choose a paid option to become a Chamber Member. You can find out more about our membership choices on the membership page.