Mission and Vision Statement
To provide first-class business support to companies across the Black Country, to lobby on their behalf and to create a sense of belonging to the wider chamber movement.
The Black Country Chamber of Commerce exists to do three main things:
- To offer a united voice to our members whenever they need promotion or protection.
- To offer a range of good value and high quality products and services that our members have asked for and need.
- To help create a vibrant local community in which to live, work and do business.
Our mission is to promote and meet the needs of business and industry across the Black Country and to help create the best community in which to live, work and do business. We will provide leadership to drive economic growth, we will play central roles in local and national business partnerships and offer a united voice to represent our businesses.
Through constructive engagement and lobbying we will enhance the success of our members and local prosperity through business support, effective networking, lobbying and provision of relevant services.
We will provide first-class business support to companies across the Black Country, to lobby on their behalf and to create a sense of belonging to the wider chamber movement. We will be a dynamic and modern chamber, capitalising on new technologies with excellent use of data and research, with a membership that reflects the diverse communities in which we are based and with staff that are experts in their fields and who share leadership of the business. We will be a strong and sustainable business that operates with a strict commercial acumen, but with an eye on the social impact its activities have. We will be a central player in all local economic partnerships and we will be an authentic and relevant voice of business.
Values and Principles
- To always support belonging and gathering: We will bring businesses together to help them grow through new commercial opportunities and to create a common voice on local issues.
- To communicate clearly and effectively to our members, partners and each other: To help us adapt and grow in a fast changing social environment we will embrace new ways of communication to allow effective feedback from businesses and to help us customise new support products.
- To be creative, risk takers and brilliant problem solvers: We will embrace a ‘can-do’ attitude and lead local partnerships with a positive approach to working together.
- To be leaders in diversity: We will proactively aim to work with members that reflect the ethnic and cultural communities that drive the local economy and develop programmes to engage with young entrepreneurs and enterprises.
- To put our people first: Our staff are our greatest asset and wherever possible we will help them develop and drive the business forward. When we recruit, we will aim to employ the best candidates through first class recruitment processes.
- To take pride in achievements: Of our local businesses and members, of our local partners and of our team members
For more information please call 0330 0240 820 or email.