Get involved in Chamber policy and lobbying activities
The Black Country Chamber of Commerce is the voice of business across the region, representing the views of members to decision makers in local and national Government and campaigning on your behalf.
- Policy activity is managed through our campaigns, particularly those relating to Manufacturing and Transport;
- Regular business forums bring together members and local authority leaders providing opportunities to have your say on the issues that matter locally, as well as ensuring the views of businesses are at the top of the political agenda;
- Our Quarterly Economic Survey is the largest and most representative independent business survey of its kind in the UK, the results of which are submitted to the Bank of England, HM Treasury, local authorities and other decision makers;
- The Bank of England Advisory Group informs the Bank of regional trading conditions enabling it to make the best decisions for Black Country businesses;
- Our responses to Government consultations ensure the views of Black Country businesses can influence the policy making process right from the earliest stages, whilst our work with the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) encourages local leaders to make the right decisions for local businesses;
- Whatever is the issue holding back your business, it is the Chamber of Commerce that provides your with the opportunity to constructively and pro-actively shape policy development for the benefit of all businesses.
Black Country Business Manifesto 2019/20
The Manifesto sets out the region’s policy priorities identified by the Black Country Chamber of Commerce’s members and business community. Many of the issues outlined here include longstanding ones for companies across the UK as well as those unique to our geographical area. Throughout these pages you’ll discover more about these topics and key themes along with the Chamber’s responses.