HOW DO PEOPLE BECOME SUCCESSFUL?
20 Aug 2019
Published in: Member News
We often equate success with talent. But the reality is, talent and technical skills alone are not enough. We all know talented people waste their opportunities by making poor decisions.
Here are 10 behaviours that require zero talent yet have
a huge impact on our success:
1. Time Keeping – With our just in time production processes many people have a habit of being late to meetings, work and appointments due to external factors. For most people, time is money and they hate for their time to be wasted. Being on time takes zero talent and shows discipline. It gives a good first impression.
2. Work Ethic - Cutting corners may seem like the easy way out but it always leads to dead-ends. Doing your work with honesty and dedication will take you to
new heights. Take pride in the quality of the work you’re doing.
3. Effort - When you do something give it your all. You shouldn’t regret afterwards that you didn’t make enough effort to make things happen. Always do your best.
4. Body Language - Your body language speaks volumes about you. Be aware of your body language and make sure it is saying the message you want to communicate.
5. Motivation (Energy) - There can be days in which our energy levels are low, we don’t feel motivated and we don’t want to get out bed. Never go by feelings. Stay focused. Focus on your goals. If you know your “Why” it will be easier to stay motivated.
6. Attitude - A positive attitude can go a long way in a workplace. Having a positive attitude is essential to do creative work. Your attitude determines the course of your life. When you’re negative, all you can see are things that block your outcomes. Being positive shows you new opportunities. Remember so called failures are actually opportunities to learn.
7. Passion - The enthusiasm you show when you are passionate about something is easily noticeable and can rub off on others. Being passionate about something also gives you the ability to endure in times when things may not be going your way.
8. Being Coachable - Be always open to learning. You can never know everything. To increase your chances of success, you need to be a continuous learner.
9. Doing Extra - Doing something extra will not cost you much but it will definitely add a lot to your character and make you stand above the crowd.
10. Being Prepared - “Failing to plan is planning to fail”. Always be prepared, formulate a plan before you do something. Being prepared reduces significant amount of possibilities of failure.
SpeedChange is a brand of coaching that will ensure your business thrives in the right way, builds the confidence of all your stakeholders and finally delivers your outcomes; be they business, social, financial or personal.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment. Please click here to login.