Wolverhampton Grand Theatre Celebrates Record 7 Nominations in the What's On Reader's Awards!
25 Jan 2018
Published in: Member News
Wolverhampton Grand Theatre is nominated for a record 7 awards in the What's On Reader's Awards 2018. Last year, Wolverhampton Grand Theatre won Best Midlands Pantomime for Aladdin 2016/17 and Best Wolverhampton Arts/Theatre venue.
This year the theatre is nominated in the following categories:
- Best Large Theatre In The Midlands
- Best Home Produced Show - Brassed Off
- Best Midlands Pantomime 2017/18 - Jack And The Beanstalk
- Best Midlands Pantomime Dame - Ian Adams
- Best Amateur Dramatic Production - Bilston Operatic Company's A Christmas Carol
- Best Wolverhampton Arts/Theatre Venue
- Best Classical/Operatic Production - Birmingham Bach Choir At The Grand Theatre - Handel's Messiah
Other awards include Best Midlands Personality for Doreen Tipton who returns to the Grand Theatre on Thursday 5 April with her 2017 sell-out production Rise Of The Yam-Yam and Best Dance Production for BalletBoyz Fourteen Days which will play at the Grand Theatre on Monday 14 May.
Chief Executive & Artistic Director of the Grand Theatre Adrian Jackson said; "I am delighted with the nominations that the Grand Theatre has received in this year's What's On Readers Awards. It is testament to the hard work put in by our cast and entire team of staff that our first in-house production in over 40 years, Brassed Off, is shortlisted in such a strong category of Midlands-produced theatre. Other awards highlight the diversity in our programme where we strive to entertain, inform and reach out to all audiences through the magic of theatre."
You can vote for Wolverhampton Grand Theatre in the What's On Reader's Awards 2018 here: https://www.whatsonlive.co.uk/readers-awards-2018
No comments have been submitted yet.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment. Please click here to login.